Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Senile

[Cheesey, I know, but whatever.  I was in a mushy mood when I wrote this a while back.]

Do you remember the day I first met you?
Because I do.

You had those designer jeans on and...was that a fake flower in your hair?
Regardless, I knew you were someone special right then and there.

When our eyes first met, did you think we'd end up together?
I thought you were the one, not merely just another.

When we first kissed, did you feel a tingle in your lips?
I ask because I felt the goosebumps on your hips.

Did I ever tell you about the way your radiant smile makes me melt?
That, and the way you pull me in with your hands grasping my belt.

Do you remember the first time I said I love you?
It was during that downpour, and we were soaked straight through.

How about the first time we made love and finally got intimate?
Just seconds after my first "I love you" in my back seat where we barely fit.

Do you remember me dropping you off at home that night?
You would've never gotten out of the car if your dad hadn't turned on the outside light.

Or how about when we fell asleep together on the phone?
It was almost like you were right there keeping me from dreaming alone.

And who can forget the evening I got into that fight?
That dude so had it coming for the way he disrespected you that night.

Ever saw him a few days after the scuffle?
His jaw was wrapped in bandages, and his voice was muffled.

I'll never forget the year your parents made that decision to move. Will you?
I did my best to be strong, but I ended up breaking down in tears too.

Could you imagine your life without us?
You're the alpha to my omega, and the minus to my plus.

We balance each other out don't you think?
Me without you sends my mind to the brink.

I wondered to myself, "Why was this the way things had to turn out?"
I couldn't handle pondering it, but it was so hard to find something else to think about.

Yet time still has a way of fast-forwarding by right?
Thank God for that because slow motion without you is a torturous plight.

Did you think about me as much as I thought about you?
If you did then correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's what soulmates do.

They always have a way of finding each other, wouldn't you agree?
I know I do, and so I waited for you to return ever so patiently.

Do you remember the day we found each other once more in the street?
Just hearing your voice again caused my heart to skip a beat.

Could you believe that after all this time our feelings for each other didn't stale?
The power of our love stood the test of time, and was never bound to fail.

Do you remember how I proposed to you without a ring?
I just dropped to one knee right there and everything.

Did I ever tell you how beautiful you looked walking down that aisle?
Everyone was looking at you, but your eyes were locked on me all the while.

Do you recall how after I lifted the white veil away from your face there was that pause?
Our lips then came together and caressed to the sound of thunderous applause.

Do you think it's unhealthy that the only thing I think about is you and yours truly?
I doubt it. Oh, by the way, that reminds me.

Do you remember the day I first met you?
Because I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment