Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Slum 46

"Slum 46" is my crime-drama, sprinkled with some sci-fi, novel idea that I have been the most active with lately.  It's semi-autobiographical (enormous stress on "semi").

I haven't decided whether I want it to take place in its own universe, or if I want the setting to be within our universe.  Either way, you're not going to be able to recognize the world I paint for you.

"Slum 46" is about a young man who goes by the alias Blue.  Blue lives in an enormous, futuristic walled off city that he only knows as City 6.  This city is separated into several different sections called slums.  Each slum has their own respective number.  These slums are about the size of a typical city you or I live in.  So City 6 overall is quite enormous.

The story follows the events that happen around Blue when he drops out of school, and meets a mysterious hood who goes by the name Smooth, and takes on a life of crime in the slum with the highest crime rate, Slum 46.  However, the denizens of Slum 46 seem to know something about the government running City 6, and something about the world beyond the walls of the city none of the other residents of City 6 would have ever thought possible.

This is a story about the grind, trust, corruption, rebellion, and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment